Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone

Hi everyone, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a lovely New Year. I hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow and are able to spend time with their families. I also hope Santa will be kind to us all. Or as the Butcher told me yesterday, "Be Kind to Santa" LOL.

Well as you can see I am now in the home straight with Lois. I just have to finish the rose in the right hand corner. Do another butterfly over one next to it, finish the border and then work my Mum's name down the bottom. I decided to put my Mums full maiden name, where she was born in Sydney and also her date of birth. This is nearly all done over one. I have to do all the over ones during the day as I can see it better (must be getting old LOL).

So hopefully when I next post I will be finished as I will also be able to show your some work on Elizabeth Cox. Elizabeth is I think going to keep me occupied for a little while as there is a lot of speciality stitches in it. I also have to do some more work on Beatrix Potter seeing how I have joined the SAL for her. I have worked out if I do one large motif or 2 small motifs I will be on track with everybody else. Mine is half done.

Well again, have a Merry Christmas and I hope you all get to do some more stitching.

7 comments:

Lapplisor said...

Dear Sandra
I hope, it go to you well.
You worked well on the embroidery! I thank you for your nice desires :-)
I live again in Germany, wanted to write I you.
I wishe A beautiful Christmas, and A healthy and creative new year you, and your family.
♥☼♥Barbara♥☼♥

Kathy A. said...

Dearest SandraWishing you a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years. it has been very enjoyable getting to know you.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and
leaving another lovely comment full
of Christmas cheer. You're going
to be celebrating Christmas while
I'm at work I think, taking the
time difference into account. Funny
huh?? But we're getting there.

My Mom is safely back at the rehab
facility and settling in again. She
will be in quarantine for a few
days, just as a precaution, and
then back to therapy and building
up her strength.

We've had some really cold temps
during the past few days but
Christmas eve day the temperature
is suppose to rise and we'll be
getting rain and fog. Not a very
festive combination is it?

Probably a full day of work for
me, but then I'm off until after
New Years....HURRAY!!! I'm
counting the hours, minutes and
seconds.

Christmas day DH and I will go
to visit Mom during the afternoon
while my SIL stays here and keeps
an eye on the turkey.

Christmas eve we hope to attend
an outdoor service with a
re-enactment of the nativity
(with real animals) at a local
horse farm. Then make a few
stops at the homes of friends
to drop off presents and share
some Xmas cheer. DH will
attend the later service at his
church where he will sing in the
choir. We should be home around
midnight and get to bed PDQ so
we won't hold Santa up.

I can't believe how close you are
to a finish on Lois!! How
exciting. She's so pretty. But
I can't wait to see your next
project, Elizabeth Cox too.

Hope you and your family have
an absolutely fantastic Christmas
and my very best wishes for the
coming New Year. I've so enjoyed
visiting with you this year and
am so glad to know you.

Love Judy

Felicity said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you! Your sampler is gorgeous.

Cindy F. said...

Lois is amazing!! Beautiful progress:)
Hope you're enjoying your holidays:)

Deb said...

Dear Sandra, You are soooo close to finishing, it's scary!! :) I know you're happy with the sampler, and looking forward to working more on Elizabeth. I'm so in awe of your beautiful handwork. Have a wonderful winter, dear friend. Love, Deb

Teri said...

Wow, you are in the home stretch with this piece, and it looks great! The over one work is so dainty. I look forward to your start on the Elizabeth Cox sampler. I'm so thankful that The Scarlet Letter offers such beautiful reproductions. Hope your holidays have been enjoyable. Happy New Year!