Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Goodbye Mum

I have posted this sampler before. It was the last one that I gave my Mum a few months ago for her birthday. Unfortunately for my family my Mum passed away just before 6 a.m. last Thursday morning. She had been very ill for a long time and was fighting her 4th bout of cancer. Although we knew that she was very ill and she would leave us soon when it actually happened it was a shock to all of us.

She had a terrible time from when she was admitted to a local private hospital on the Friday . She signed herself out on the Tuesday but we had to have her admitted to a public hospital on the Wednesday as my Dad and Sister couldn't lift her when she collapsed.

Thankfully for all of us that "The God's were Smiling on Her". From when the ambulance people came we met the most wonderful and caring people. She was admitted to Calvary Hospital which is a hospice on Wednesday afternoon and she had the most wonderful care from the nursing staff and Doctors. We think that she was so happy to be there that she decided that this was it and she left us.

I have been down with my Dad and Sister since Tuesday. Mum's funeral was yesterday and I came home last night to be with my DH and sons.

When I came home I had the most beautiful surprise. I love old fashion roses and everyone of them are currently in bloom along with poppies and other flowers. I have so many roses that I could supply a florist.

Also on the day that Mum passed away we had a lovely visit. My Mum used to love to feed the birds on her back veranda. Over the last couple of months she had been so ill and hadn't been able to feed them so that had stopped calling. On Thursday afternoon we were sitting around the dining table looking through the sliding doors when 2 Kookaburras came and landed on the veranda rail. They stayed with us for about and hour and a half and my husband and sons were feeding them. They allowed them to get right up close to them and I suppose that they could have touched them. My husband has a photo of them on this phone and if I can get it on the computer I will put it on my blog.

7 comments:

Lapplisor said...

Hello Sandra
it does wrong so inexpressibly to me that your dear mother lost this fight.

I am completely affected by the love, with which you wrote these lines and add you this poem on...
--------
Footprints in the Sand

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamt he waswalking with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes of his life.
For each scene, he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand; one belonged to him,
and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there
was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it had
happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered the man and he questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during
the most troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why,
when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The Lord replied,
"My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
-----
I wish completely much strength to your entire family for the coming time.
Barbara from Germany

Yuko said...

Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your mum...
I was almost crying in front of my PC as reading through your post.
I thought that's because you were happy to saw my stitching Angel's face, I hope they are around your mum now.
As I read through your post, I remember when my dad has past away.
It's really hard time for family, but after 3 years you will be able to smile and talk about your mum, I'm sure.
Now you are down, but please think that your friend in Japan is always beside you even I can't be there in person, I'm thinking of you and your family.

Yuko

Barbara J said...

So sorry to hear about your mom's passing. My condolences to you and your family. Do take care.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

My deepest and sincerest sympathy to you. I shall keep you and your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I have never left a comment before, but your blog is one of my favorites that I check daily. I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. My thoughts & prayers go out to you.

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

So sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,

My name is claudio and my mum is in ICU. She had suffered a massive brain Hemorrage on friday 26th Sept 2008, and nothing has changed since then. She has only 2% brain function that is only the brain that functions the heart.. Today 29th sept, we were giving the bad news that she has only 24hrs where they slowly remove the sedative medicine and see what reaction the brain has if there is any at all.
I know how you feel, and i am crying writing this to you about my mum, who i am the only son. But i have to be strong for me and my dad, and just remember the good times, but the pain in me will never leave.
If you like to write back to me , my email is claude2570@netspace.net.au.

My thought and pray go out to you.

take care

claudio stillo