Friday, August 31, 2007

Jane Self Sampler

Unfortunately my Jane Self Sampler mentioned in my previous post didn't come out. I finished this last year and it is also on 32ct linen over one with one strand of DMC cotton. I like working on 32ct over one as the finished result is much more finer. It also saves on wall space.

I have been working on a shop model of The Goode Huswifes Seven Sailors Sampler for my friend Karen's beautiful needlework shop called Dragonfly Dreams in Katoomba.

The last few days in the mountains have been absolutely beautiful. You can tell that Spring is on the way. I have been picking bunches of one my favourite flowers violets. I have a few varieties of single mauve violets and also white parma violets. Love the smell.

1 comment:

DonnaSews said...

your work is so beautiful and detailed. Great work...